With it getting dark out earlier and earlier, I am trying to eat dinner at a reasonable hour these days. Most nights Harrison and I don’t even get home until 7:30-8:00, so I’ve been really struggling with cooking a well-balanced meal. Really I will just take any of the easy meal suggestions you’ve got! Although they’re delicious, I got a little tired of pasta dishes or pizza.
- 4 Lg Chicken Breast
- 9-12 asparagus spears
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Small container of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 box of Uncle Ben's long grain wild rice (prepared as on box)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
- Cut breasts in half, lengthwise leaving it intact on one side to create a pocket
- While the chicken is laying open, season with juice, zest, garlic, and salt and pepper on both sides
- With breast side down, lay a slice of the Provolone cheese and 3-4 stalks of asparagus in center fold over to close
- Heat large oven safe frying pan (we used our cast iron skillet) coated with the olive oil to medium heat and place chicken in pan breast side down for 3-5 minutes until begins to brown slightly. Flip carefully and cook 3-5 more mins.
- Carefully cover pan with foil and place in oven for 15 mins to ensure chicken is cooked all the way.
- In a separate pan place 2 tbsp. of butter and mushrooms and then season with garlic pepper and salt. Saute until mushrooms are done.
- Serve chicken over rice and top with sauteed shrooms.
This stuffed chicken breast is so easy to make and I usually already have all of the ingredients on hand.
So, what are you cooking for dinner tonight? Have any suggestions for me to spice up my usual go-to’s?