Sharing with you today a traditional dessert with a little holiday twist – these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats. So delish!
When it came time to think of a sweet treat to share with you all in honor of the upcoming Halloween, rice krispies were really a no-brainer. I loved these when I was younger. In fact, my sister even had to reinforce that it was a little bit to an unhealthy level. Ha! These are a great homemade option for Halloween and definitely fun for the whole family!
Let’s find out how to make these Pumpkin and Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats at home!
We made a few different variations – some using Rolos to make pumpkins, with others just using white and milk chocolate to decorate the treat. All are adorable, if you ask me!
If you skip the cooling steps, which I’m only mentioning because of experience, your rice krispies won’t hold together well. Just a little FYI!
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 box of Rice Krispie cereal
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1Mini bag of Rolos - amount depending on how many you make in this style
- Orange, white and milk chocolate melting candy
- Green and orange food coloring
- Halloween themed cookie cutters (optional)
- Start by melting your bag of marshmallows and butter on low to medium heat.
- Next, add your green or orange food colors, depending on which style krispie treats you're making.
- Once melted, mix in your rice krispies.
- Once mixed, press into square pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Use your cookie cutters to cut treats out of the pan. If you are making the pumpkins, simply roll your rice krispies into balls.
- Follow the directions to melt your candy melts. (We did this in the microwave, heating for intervals of 15 seconds.)
- For 3D pumpkins, add your Rolo candies to the top.
- Next, dip your Frankensteins and other pumpkins into melted chocolate.
- Transfer the rest of your melted chocolate into a piping bag. Use this to decorate your treats with faces and leaves for the Pumpkins.
- Let the icing set and enjoy!