Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. Create a care package for a loved one today and don’t forget to include some baked goods made with Bob’s Red Mill products!
Don’t you just love an excuse to bake something?! My best friend Gabby recently graduated from college and was hired for a great new job. When I found out the good news I wanted to do something to show her how proud I was. Unfortunately due to health reasons and not by choice, Gabby is on a very strict gluten free diet. I always struggle to find things to make for her that still taste as good as I’d like. I’ve mastered this oatmeal raisin recipe to the tea. It tastes so good no one even knows it’s gluten free!
I started by making sure I bought the best gluten free flour I could find. This makes a huge difference when baking! All of Bob’s Red Mill flours are milled from premium quality ingredients, giving baked goods that extra touch of quality. Check out this coupon to save money on these great products!
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups Certified Gluten-Free Oats
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Start by creaming the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time and thoroughly incorporate into the mix.
- Next stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except oats), mixing well. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture until integrated.
- Add in the oats and raisins.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place at least 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. If the dough is too sticky to roll, either scoop without rolling, or refrigerate until very cold before baking.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Let the cookies cool for roughly 4 minutes before removing.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of cold milk!
After my delicious cookies were made, I wrapped up the cookies and put together this sweet little care package to drop off at her new office. I think she’s going to love it!
I promise this is a really thoughtful idea that will go a long way with your friendship.
Inside you will find the homemade gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies, a package of Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour, and some new desk accessories for her at work.
I made this care package just by baking a simple and easy recipe, and thoughtfully putting it together with extra things I had laying around my house.
You could also make this recipe in a oatmeal bar version if you’d prefer. There are lots of options to customize it for your liking. I just hope I’ve inspired you to go home and bake something for a loved one!