Sometimes I get more excited over appetizers then the main course. It’s a problem I’m sure you can understand. Try this baked shishito pepper recipe next time you’re looking for a new appetizer idea!
I’m always on the hunt for a new appetizer idea for when I don’t feel like cooking a full meal, or for entertaining some friends at home. Shishitos are sweet peppers from East Asia. I was introduced to them by a local Asian-influenced restaurant, who serves them blistered with sea salt and spicy mayo. They are seriously addicting! After some playing around in the kitchen, here’s what we came up with.
Who doesn’t love anything that’s bacon-wrapped?! Perfect sized finger food!
- 6-8 Shishito peppers
- 1 block white cheddar cheese cut into strips
- 1 pound Sausage, your choice sweet or spicy
- 10-12 strips of thick cut bacon
- 2 cups of panko breading
- Cut Pepper long ways down center and clean thoroughly
- Stuff with sausage and cheese
- Wrap each pepper with strip of bacon
- Roll each pepper in breading place on baking sheet
- Place in oven on broil till bacon begins to brown, then flip over using tongs to brown other side
Wishing you all a happy and safe Halloween!