This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorPumpkinSeason #CollectiveBias
Can we talk about the simple and sweet things and life for a second? What could be sweeter than FALL? My favorite season! There are just so many things to love – cozy sweaters, leggings, bonfires, no traffic in my beach town (finally!), and of course a PSL or two!! Pumpkin-flavored coffee is a staple in my house. Starbucks® K-Cup® version tastes just as good as it does in a cafe, but in the comfort of my own kitchen. It’s equal parts sweet and spicy, and tastes amazing with a gooey slice of my sister’s legendary apple spice cake! Today I’m sharing that recipe with you all. It’s gooey with a crunchy crust, perfect for enjoying with a pure cup of fall.
When I wake up in the morning, caffeine and a sweet treat is all I crave. What can I say, I need my fuel to get through the day! Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods are a limited-time fall flavor, and they couldn’t come at a more perfect time! I love spending a few extra minutes in the morning reading a magazine, lighting a candle, and just relaxing while getting ready for the day. Plus, I can just pop it in my Keurig, so it’s totally hassle-free. Y’all know me, I buy all of the pumpkin flavored things as soon as I can! Yes, I’m that PSL and leggings girl and I’m proud of it!
This is my family’s famous apple spice crumb cake, a fall staple in my house! During college I always looked forward to fall break just so I could have a taste! Without further ado, here it is!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- For the glaze: 1 teaspoon apple cider and 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 baking dish and set aside.
- Do the best part first! THE CRUMB! Whisk white and brown sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl. Cut in the non-melted butter and create the crumbs. Set aside.
- Beat together the cake mix, sour cream, vanilla, melted butter, nutmeg and egg until it resembles a thick batter.
- Slowly add in the nuts after everything is in the batter.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and top with crumb mixture and the apples (chopped).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. While baking, whisk together the apple cider and powdered sugar. Once the cake is done baking, drizzle the glaze and enjoy with a fresh cup of Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Caffè Latte!
The glaze is one of my favorite things about this cake. It makes it ooey gooey and so delicious.
I make sure to always have cute coffee cups and mugs around in my home. I’m a full believer in pretty kitchenware! My initial mug is from Anthropologie, but there are plenty of places out there to collect coffee cups and mugs. My Pumpkin Spice Caffè Latte even tastes more indulgent in it 😉
How do you enjoy fall?